Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Walking the Walk...Literally

Walking the Walk...Literally 



It's one thing to say you're going too do something; open declarations and intentions. 

But to follow through on what you say is where your true character shines through. 


I began my transformation journey 5 days ago and I stated that I was going to work on my mind and body. Every morning I work on my mind, doing my daily journaling and listening to recorded coaching calls during my commute. Today, I began my daily walks. Now, I've tried to walk everyday but I knew that I'd have to figure something out for work. 

So, I created a new habit today. Small protein-filled snack and some water, then a brisk walk down the road and back to my place of work. I also skipped the lunchtime coffee that I usually have, full of sugar and creamer. I also made sure I drank at least half my body weight in water today...which is a big deal because I'm not typically a fan of water. 

Making small changes helps to create new habits. For example, every time I'm thirsty, at work, I reach for my water bottle instead of my coffee cup. After a week of doing that, one cup of coffee lasts the whole work day now. Meaning less caffeine and sugar, at a gradual decline. 

For me, these small changes, implemented on a consistent basis are the key to creating new, better habits. And following through on what I say it's as important to me as it is important to the people that believe in me. So today, I walked the walk, not just talked the talk. 



I believe in myself. 
I believe in you. 
I'm rooting for you, 
hope you're rooting for me too. 


Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment